How do I manage my acne on a daily basis?

On a daily basis, the best thing you can do to manage your acne is to follow your dermatologist's advice and recommended treatment plan. There are no instant cures for acne, but it may respond well to daily, routine skincare that includes mild cleansing and moisturization.
Use a gentle soap to wash the affected area once or twice a day. If a doctor has prescribed a topical medication, apply it over the affected area as directed. For oral medications, make sure they're taken according to the directions from the pharmacy or doctor. Don't use oily cosmetics or hair products, since those clog pores easily. In general, keep hands away from the affected area - fingers spread oils, and popping or picking at blemishes only makes them worse.

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

Are there alternative treatments for acne?
There are several alternative treatments that may be recommended for acne. One of the most frequ...
What role do steroid injections play in treating acne?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
An injection of the steroid called cortisone in various concentrations directly into inflammator...
How Can I Get My Acne Scars Treated?
How Can I Get My Acne Scars Treated?
Are There Some Home Remedies for Acne?
Are There Some Home Remedies for Acne?