How do I manage my acne on a daily basis?

Use a gentle soap to wash the affected area once or twice a day. If a doctor has prescribed a topical medication, apply it over the affected area as directed. For oral medications, make sure they're taken according to the directions from the pharmacy or doctor. Don't use oily cosmetics or hair products, since those clog pores easily. In general, keep hands away from the affected area - fingers spread oils, and popping or picking at blemishes only makes them worse.
On a daily basis, the best thing you can do to manage your acne is to follow your dermatologist's advice and recommended treatment plan. There are no instant cures for acne, but it may respond well to daily, routine skincare that includes mild cleansing and moisturization.

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

What is the ClearLight device for treating acne?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
In 2002, the ClearLight was the first device to get clearance from the US Food and Drug Administ...
Are laser treatments for acne safe for darker skin?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Technological advances are making laser treatments for acne safer for darker skin types. Althoug...
How Can an Adult Treat His or Her Acne?
How Can an Adult Treat His or Her Acne?
Are There Some Home Remedies for Acne?
Are There Some Home Remedies for Acne?