How can I improve results of my acne treatment?

Dr. Doris Day, MD
Dermatology
Compliance is key to getting results. If you don’t use the medication as directed, for whatever reason, it will take longer to get results. Also, if you use too much medication or apply it too often, you increase the risk of irritation, which will also make your skin look less than optimal. Be sure to read the directions carefully for over-the-counter acne treatments, or for prescriptions from your doctor, make sure that you are clear as to how much medication you should use, how often you should use it, and how soon you should expect to see results. If you are not sure, call your doctor to review the instructions. It is better to ask twice than to do it wrong.
100 Questions & Answers About Acne

100 Questions & Answers About Acne

100 Questions and Answers About Acne provides you with all the information you need to manage your complexion problems. Written by Dr. Doris J. Day, a world-class expert in the field, this clearly...

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

Why has my acne treatment stopped working?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Because acne is a chronic condition of the skin that can wax and wane over a period of many year...
How does light therapy treat acne?
Acne is a common skin problem for people of all ages. In this video, Dr. Oz welcomes Dr. Audrey Kuni...
How Long Should a Typical Acne Pimple Last?
How Can an Adult Treat His or Her Acne?
How Can an Adult Treat His or Her Acne?