How can heat treatments like Zeno treat acne?

The directions for Zeno primarily recommend it for pimples that are just beginning to appear—it’s a nip-them-in-the-bud approach—but not for anything really red, hard, and angry, such as severe nodular or cystic acne. The company also doesn’t recommend it for blackheads and whiteheads.

Frankly, I don’t recommend Zeno at all. Use benzoyl peroxide. It does the same thing Zeno claims to do—kills off the bacteria that cause acne—and it’s far cheaper.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

What can I expect from a light chemical peel for my acne?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Chemical peels are an increasingly popular treatment to treat acne and to minimize scarring from...
How can I get my old acne scars treated?
The choice to have a cosmetic procedure is a personal one. While all women are beautiful in their ...
Are There Some Home Remedies for Acne?
Are There Some Home Remedies for Acne?
How Long Should a Typical Acne Pimple Last?