How can heat treatments like Zeno treat acne?

The directions for Zeno primarily recommend it for pimples that are just beginning to appear—it’s a nip-them-in-the-bud approach—but not for anything really red, hard, and angry, such as severe nodular or cystic acne. The company also doesn’t recommend it for blackheads and whiteheads.

Frankly, I don’t recommend Zeno at all. Use benzoyl peroxide. It does the same thing Zeno claims to do—kills off the bacteria that cause acne—and it’s far cheaper.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

If I get only a few pimples a month, do I need to treat them?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Whether to treat acne at all and even how to treat acne are very personal decisions. Some people are...
How can putting an antibiotic medicine on teen skin clear up acne?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Teenage acne is a dermatologic condition in which the pores become clogged with excess production of...
How Long Should a Typical Acne Pimple Last?
How Can an Adult Treat His or Her Acne?
How Can an Adult Treat His or Her Acne?