How can I get my old acne scars treated?

The choice to have a cosmetic procedure is a personal one. While all women are beautiful in their own way, if you are considering a cosmetic procedure, you should consult a professional like a dermatologist for questions about which one is right for you. Treatments for acne scars may include chemical peels and microdermabrasion, but the best treatment will depend on the extent of the scarring.
Skin scarred by acne or damaged by sun or chemicals can benefit from skin resurfacing, which results in smoother, younger-looking skin with fewer wrinkles.  Watch the animation to learn more about skin resurfacing.

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

How long should it take for acne treatment to work?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
I see plenty of patients who come in with a list of treatments that they have tried and that hav...
Can I use other acne treatments while taking oral isotretinoin?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
In general, oral isotretinoin is used only as a monotherapy, meaning that once you start oral is...
How Long Should a Typical Acne Pimple Last?
What Can I Do About My Acne?
What Can I Do About My Acne?