How can I detox my liver and blood to help reduce acne?

From an ayurvedic perspective, toxins accumulate in the liver and blood to cause chronic acne. Here are some simple ayurvedic methods for detoxing the liver and blood:
  • Drink 1/4 cup of organic aloe vera juice in the morning on an empty stomach. Aloe vera juice is a natural way to remove toxins from your body, especially the liver and blood. If you have cystic acne, drink this twice a day, in the morning and bedtime, for three months. Remember to drink all liquids no colder than room temperature, so add a little bit of warm water to make the refrigerated aloe vera juice the right temperature. If you can’t tolerate the taste of aloe vera juice, add 1/4 cup of pomegranate juice, which is also a great way to detox the liver and blood.
  • Take the ayurvedic herb guggul, 75 to 150 mg a day. Guggul is a widely used ayurvedic herb that helps to remove toxins from the body and improve digestion.
  • Use turmeric in your cooking or as a supplement. Turmeric powder is a spice that is commonly used in Indian foods. It has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. The easiest way to take turmeric is to add a pinch of it your food, but you can also take one tablet with meals.
  • Do aerobic exercise three to four times a week. The increased circulation and sweating that occurs with aerobic exercise naturally removes toxins from your body.

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

What should I consider when deciding about acne treatment?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
There are four factors to consider in deciding when to treat and how to treat acne. They are as foll...
What should acne-prone people wash their faces with?
Stay away from soap, which can rob your skin of its protective barrier and alter your skin's chemist...
What Topical Products Can Help Treat Acne Blemishes?
How Can an Adult Treat His or Her Acne?
How Can an Adult Treat His or Her Acne?