Does any treatment work for wrinkles and pimples?

If pimples have joined your wrinkles, now may be a good time to start on a topical retinoid like tazarotene (Tazarac). Start with a low concentration, and use cream rather than gel. The plus: It can help eradicate fine lines.

And remember that being over 40 doesn’t exclude you from maintaining a daily skin regimen. Check your products, both cleansing and makeup, to be sure they are noncomedogenic. Wash your face twice a day: If you want to add benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid to your routine, start with one (benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid) and use it for two to three weeks. If that doesn’t do the trick, add the other (for example, do a benzoyl peroxide wash and salicylic toner or spot treatment). Don’t forget to moisturize!

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

How should I apply moisturizer if I'm treating my acne?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
The moisturizer is applied over the morning acne regimen, and any makeup can be applied over the moi...
How can I improve results of my acne treatment?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Compliance is key to getting results. If you don’t use the medication as directed, for whatever ...
How Long Should a Typical Acne Pimple Last?
How Can I Get My Acne Scars Treated?
How Can I Get My Acne Scars Treated?