Does any treatment work for wrinkles and pimples?

If pimples have joined your wrinkles, now may be a good time to start on a topical retinoid like tazarotene (Tazarac). Start with a low concentration, and use cream rather than gel. The plus: It can help eradicate fine lines.

And remember that being over 40 doesn’t exclude you from maintaining a daily skin regimen. Check your products, both cleansing and makeup, to be sure they are noncomedogenic. Wash your face twice a day: If you want to add benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid to your routine, start with one (benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid) and use it for two to three weeks. If that doesn’t do the trick, add the other (for example, do a benzoyl peroxide wash and salicylic toner or spot treatment). Don’t forget to moisturize!

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

How can I get my acne scars treated?
Depending on the depth and severity of the scarring, there are several treatment options to choose f...
What are the benefits of chemical peels for acne?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
The doctor has used a combination of 30% TCA chemical peels and laser treatments on teenagers with s...
Are There Some Home Remedies for Acne?
Are There Some Home Remedies for Acne?
What Topical Products Can Help Treat Acne Blemishes?