Can I find salicylic acid in OTC moisturizers and makeup?

You can find salicylic acid in over-the-counter moisturizers and makeup. This ingredient is also available in soaps, lotions, and creams. Salicylic acid helps to unclog pores and break down whiteheads and blackheads. Salicylic acid may cause skin irritation, so talk to a dermatologist (a doctor who specializes in treating skin, nail, and hair conditions) or pharmacist about the benefits and side effects of salicylic acid.

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

Is there an effective way to treat acne and wrinkles?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
There are plenty of over-the-counter creams, lotions and washes. For those looking for other remedie...
If I use acne medication, what should I do if I become pregnant?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Because acne often seems to be at its worst when women are at the height of their child-bearing ...
What Can I Do About My Acne?
What Can I Do About My Acne?
Are There Some Home Remedies for Acne?
Are There Some Home Remedies for Acne?