Why should I avoid picking at my acne pimples?

If you have a habit of picking more winners from your nose then the stock market, you may want to heed to this advice. Any time you tweeze out a nose or lip hair, pierce the face, or pop a pimple, bacteria collects in the wound and can invade the blood supply in this area, called the “triangle of death,” which connects to the veins from the brain. Similarly, facial wounds, surgical incisions, and gums can become an avenue of infection. The best mode of prevention is to be a non-picker.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

How does the hormone spironolactone work to treat acne?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Spironolactone functions as both an androgen receptor blocker and possibly also an inhibitor of 5-al...
Should I use a topical cream to treat my acne scars?
Audrey Kunin, MDAudrey Kunin, MD
Everyone always wants to know what topicals can help resolve acne scars. Certainly anything that...
What Topical Products Can Help Treat Acne Blemishes?
How Can an Adult Treat His or Her Acne?
How Can an Adult Treat His or Her Acne?