Why should I avoid picking at my acne pimples?

If you have a habit of picking more winners from your nose then the stock market, you may want to heed to this advice. Any time you tweeze out a nose or lip hair, pierce the face, or pop a pimple, bacteria collects in the wound and can invade the blood supply in this area, called the “triangle of death,” which connects to the veins from the brain. Similarly, facial wounds, surgical incisions, and gums can become an avenue of infection. The best mode of prevention is to be a non-picker.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

Acne Treatment

Acne Treatment

Acne treatments vary, depending on the severity of your acne. Many teenagers and adults can control mild acne with over-the-counter topical solutions, like acne cream and salicylic acid products that loosen blackheads and whitehea...

ds, clearing clogged pores. For more severe acne, dermatologists may recommend prescription medications, or even an in-office procedure such as a chemical peel or laser treatment. Learn more about acne treatment with expert advice from Sharecare.