Why should I avoid picking at my acne pimples?

If you have a habit of picking more winners from your nose then the stock market, you may want to heed to this advice. Any time you tweeze out a nose or lip hair, pierce the face, or pop a pimple, bacteria collects in the wound and can invade the blood supply in this area, called the “triangle of death,” which connects to the veins from the brain. Similarly, facial wounds, surgical incisions, and gums can become an avenue of infection. The best mode of prevention is to be a non-picker.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

Does topical salicylic acid have any side effects?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Skin irritation may occur around the treated area. Serious allergic reactions have occurred, but are...
How do newer laser devices differ from earlier models to treat acne?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
In the past, CO2 lasers were used to heat water within the skin. This would cause destruction of...
How Long Should a Typical Acne Pimple Last?
Are There Some Home Remedies for Acne?
Are There Some Home Remedies for Acne?