Why can suntan oil make my pimples worse?

Suntan oil can clog pores, so that means it may worsen pimples. However, protecting your skin from the sun's rays is important, too. Use oil-free sunscreen and look for the words "anti-comedogenic" or "anti-acnegenic" on the label. Apply sunscreen if you plan to be outdoors for an extended period. Wash your skin well with mild soap at the end of the day.

Continue Learning about Acne

What is a whitehead with acne?
A whitehead is an acne lesion that forms when excess oil and dead skin cells clog your pores and...
How does an acne lesion form?
Acne lesions form when too much sebum (oil), dead skin cells, and bacteria clog your pores. Ther...
Is There a Supplement That Can Help Treat Acne?
Can I Over-Wash My Face?
Can I Over-Wash My Face?