Why do I break out before my period?

Breakouts before your period are caused by changes in your hormone levels. These hormones include estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. Birth control pills can reduce these symptoms by keeping your hormone levels stable throughout the month.

Continue Learning about Acne

What is a whitehead with acne?
A whitehead is an acne lesion that forms when excess oil and dead skin cells clog your pores and...
What is the difference between acne and hidradenitis suppurativa?
Hidradenitis suppurativa is a severe form of acne that occurs around the armpits and groin area,...
Do teenagers grow out of acne?
Most of the time, teens do grow out of acne. Teenagers are more at risk for developing acne during p...
What is a blackhead?
Blackheads occur when bacteria get into the skin and is exposed to air, turning the pimple black...