Why is baby acne more common in boys?

Baby acne is more common in boys and is the result of exposure to the mother's hormones. These acne bumps can be small comedones (a medical term describing pimples), inflammatory pustules, or inflamed lesions that look like whiteheads circled by a ring of redness. Sometimes baby acne involves cysts or painful lumps that grow underneath the skin. If baby acne persists, it may need treatment beyond daily facial washes. Talk to your pediatrician about your baby's skin and follow the doctor's recommendation for cleansing and treating your baby's skin condition.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
How can popping a pimple be dangerous?
If you're thinking about popping a zit, think twice, especially if it's in the triangle from the tip...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?