Why should I avoid scrubbing my skin with acne?

Proper skincare each day is important in managing acne and preventing flare-ups, but avoid scrubbing your skin. Cleansing your skin gently twice a day helps to remove dirt and other irritants that can trigger acne. Use your fingertips as you wash your face. Avoid harsh scrubbing as this can irritate the skin and remove the membrane that covers acne pimples. Once the membrane is removed, the skin bacteria can spread to other parts of your face, neck, and body, causing your acne to worsen.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
What is a safe way to pop a pimple?
Pimples are formed because the body is trying to push out infections. However, squeezing pimples act...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout. Weighed down with acne woes? You’re not alone. A whopping 40 to 50 million p...
Is There a Supplement That Can Help Treat Acne?