Where on the body does acne most commonly form?

Acne most commonly forms on the face. For teenagers, acne is often found in the 'T-zone,' which is the skin on the forehead, nose, and chin. Adult acne is more commonly found along the jawline and cheeks. Acne can also be found on the body, especially the back, shoulders, and upper chest.

Acne most often forms on the face. However, acne can form on the neck, back, chest, shoulders, and anywhere there is a concentration of oil glands.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
What is a blackhead?
Blackheads occur when bacteria get into the skin and is exposed to air, turning the pimple black...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?