What should I know about wearing foundation if I have acne?

You can wear foundation if you have acne. Be sure to select foundation and other cosmetic products that are oil-free and don't clog pores. These products will say "non-acnegenic" or "non-comedogenic" on the label, which means they are less likely to cause pimples. Select a light, gentle foundation and apply it after using your acne medication. Wash the foundation off before you go to bed. Oil-free foundations vary, so select the one that is appropriate for your skin type and condition. Test a small amount on your wrist to make sure you do not have a reaction to the foundation.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
Is picking my pimples really bad for my skin?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
There is a name for the type of acne that occurs from constant picking at the lesions. It is cal...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
What Is a Blackhead?
What Is a Blackhead?