What is a safe way to pop a pimple?

Pimples are formed because the body is trying to push out infections. However, squeezing pimples actually causes more harm than good by destroying the tissue and causing inflammation. Don’t squeeze! Instead, clean a needle with heat or alcohol. Lance the pimple with the sterilized needle; while staying parallel to the skin, pierce the raised white part of the blemish and pull up. You can then gently squeeze out the pus without causing more damage to your skin.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Acne

6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout. Weighed down with acne woes? You’re not alone. A whopping 40 to 50 million ...
Is There a Supplement That Can Help Treat Acne?
What's the Best Way to Clean Off Makeup at the End of the Day?
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?