What is a safe way to pop a pimple?

Pimples are formed because the body is trying to push out infections. However, squeezing pimples actually causes more harm than good by destroying the tissue and causing inflammation. Don’t squeeze! Instead, clean a needle with heat or alcohol. Lance the pimple with the sterilized needle; while staying parallel to the skin, pierce the raised white part of the blemish and pull up. You can then gently squeeze out the pus without causing more damage to your skin.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
Why did all these bumps suddenly form on my face?
A sudden arrival of a lot of bumpy formations on your face could be an outbreak of acne. This skin...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?