What is an acne nodule?

An acne nodule is a very large pimple. Acne nodules are similar to acne cysts but are set deeper in the skin and are not open at the top. They get large because bacteria trapped inside an oil-clogged pore multiply and spread out. This makes the tissue around the pore, swollen, red, and painful. Acne nodules can get as large as a nickel.

Continue Learning about Acne

6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout. Weighed down with acne woes? You’re not alone. A whopping 40 to 50 million ...
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?
Is There a Supplement That Can Help Treat Acne?