What is acne cosmetica and what causes it?

This is a mild, common form of acne characterized by clogged pores and reddened bumps along the chin, cheeks and forehead. This form of acne results after oil from various skin and hair products collects inside your pores, clogging them.

Continue Learning about Acne

What is the most common form of acne?
Gary Goldenberg, MDGary Goldenberg, MD
The most common form of acne is comedonal and inflammatory. In general, acne can be broken down in 4...
Why should I avoid scrubbing my skin with acne?
Proper skincare each day is important in managing acne and preventing flare-ups, but avoid scrub...
Why is beta-hydroxy acid used for acne-prone skin?
Beta-hydroxy acid, or BHA, is different from other exfoliants in that it's oil-soluble. Since it can...
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?