What factors can cause an outbreak of acne?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Acne outbreaks vary from person to person, and different things may trigger outbreaks for different people. Acne outbreaks can be worse during the winter than the summer, since the sun has an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin. Using oily cosmetics may also worsen acne and cause outbreaks. For women, acne outbreaks are often worse during menstruation.

Continue Learning about Acne

6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout. Weighed down with acne woes? You’re not alone. A whopping 40 to 50 million ...
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?
Is There a Supplement That Can Help Treat Acne?