What can I do to manage my acne?

There are several options available for management and treatment of acne. Good facial hygiene can also be helpful in treating acne, and over-the-counter medications contain ingredients to help rid your skin of excess oil or decrease the inflammation and swelling associated with acne. If these products are not successful, more powerful medicine can be prescribed by your doctor, including antibiotics.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
Is picking my pimples really bad for my skin?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
There is a name for the type of acne that occurs from constant picking at the lesions. It is cal...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?