What is big-event acne?

Weddings and speeches can send stress soaring like nothing else. From your mother’s suggestions for everything from the place settings to the flowers to the realization that you’re about to marry a grown man who still plays video games, weddings can offer a host of stresses. The same goes for big presentations for work. The last thing you need is waking to fresh pimples on your face, but it probably will happen at some point. Even happy occasions can be stress-tests that result in skin emergencies.

If you have a morning-before disaster on your face, a dermatologist can fix it with an injection of anti-inflammatory steroid. This is a one-time emergency spot treatment; it’s not for regular use. If you’ve got a big event coming up and know from past experience you’ll probably have a pimple coming up right then, too, get a prescription for Vanoxide HC (2% benzoyl peroxide with 0.5 hydrocortisone cream), so you’re not caught unprepared.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Acne

What's the Best Way to Clean Off Makeup at the End of the Day?
Is There a Supplement That Can Help Treat Acne?
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?