What is big-event acne?

Weddings and speeches can send stress soaring like nothing else. From your mother’s suggestions for everything from the place settings to the flowers to the realization that you’re about to marry a grown man who still plays video games, weddings can offer a host of stresses. The same goes for big presentations for work. The last thing you need is waking to fresh pimples on your face, but it probably will happen at some point. Even happy occasions can be stress-tests that result in skin emergencies.

If you have a morning-before disaster on your face, a dermatologist can fix it with an injection of anti-inflammatory steroid. This is a one-time emergency spot treatment; it’s not for regular use. If you’ve got a big event coming up and know from past experience you’ll probably have a pimple coming up right then, too, get a prescription for Vanoxide HC (2% benzoyl peroxide with 0.5 hydrocortisone cream), so you’re not caught unprepared.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
What are acne scars?
Sometimes acne can leave scars on the skin. Scars can be small, deep holes, or wide, shallow indenta...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
Can I Over-Wash My Face?
Can I Over-Wash My Face?