How should teenagers take care of blemishes while shaving?

The best way for you to protect your skin when you have blemishes is to avoid shaving over those spots. If this isn't an option, a little care can keep you from further irritating the blemishes.

Start by wetting your skin with a warm washcloth, or try shaving in the shower; the warm water will help open your pores, making the hair easier to remove and lowering your risk of cuts and nicks.

As always, be sure to use a clean, sharp blade and a shaving gel to keep your skin hydrated. Using slow, short strokes, move the razor across your skin. Shave in the direction of the hair growth, and avoid stroking the razor multiple times over one area. Be gentle, especially in the area of the blemish.

If you have an electric razor, use it rather than a manual razor while you have pimples. 

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
Why am I now getting acne as an adult?
Rather than occurring in the teen years, and fading in the 20s, adult onset acne begins for peop...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout. Weighed down with acne woes? You’re not alone. A whopping 40 to 50 million p...
Can I Over-Wash My Face?
Can I Over-Wash My Face?