What are the symptoms of severe acne?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
The main symptom of severe acne is that many large, red bumps form under the skin. These are usually located on the face, neck, shoulders, chest, or upper back. The bumps may be painful. Sometimes bumps come together to form a large abscess. In some cases the bumps or abscess ruptures, which can lead to scarring.

Continue Learning about Acne

6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout. Weighed down with acne woes? You’re not alone. A whopping 40 to 50 million ...
What's the Best Way to Clean Off Makeup at the End of the Day?
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?