Should I scrub my skin with acne?

You should not scrub your skin if you have acne. Scrubbing will not get rid of acne; it can irritate your skin and make your acne worse. Instead, use your fingertips to gently massage a mild, non-abrasive cleanser on your skin. Rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat dry. Acne, the most common skin disorder, is caused by too much sebum (oil), dead skin cells, and bacteria clogging your pores. While washing and cleansing the skin can remove the buildup of oil, hard scrubbing and rubbing acne-prone skin can worsen this condition. Talk to a dermatologist (a doctor who specializes in the treatment of skin, nail, and hair conditions) about proper skin care.

Continue Learning about Acne

Is There a Supplement That Can Help Treat Acne?
What's the Best Way to Clean Off Makeup at the End of the Day?
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?