Should I squeeze zits?

The best advice for evacuating "zits" would be to have a licensed aesthetician perform a facial. Squeezing zits can lead to local inflammation and lead to scar tissue formation, and in the worst case scenario, squeezing zits in the zone known as the "triangle of death," the area around the base of the nose below the eyes, can lead to severe, deep infections, which may penetrate into your brain.

No. Squeezing or scrubbing harshly can actually make the condition worse, and can lead to other problems as you break down the natural skin barrier. A proper daily skin care regimen can make a difference: Use a mild cleanser that won't clog pores and hydrate your skin with an oil-free lotion every time you cleanse.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
Why did all these bumps suddenly form on my face?
A sudden arrival of a lot of bumpy formations on your face could be an outbreak of acne. This skin...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?