Why am I now getting acne as an adult?

First, understand that adult acne is common and its causes are multifaceted. Not having zits as a teen doesn’t confer lifelong protection. Hormones rise and fall, with pregnancy, during the various phases of menopause, and that’s just one factor that can bring on acne. As women, we tend to take responsibility for everything. We think we cause our own stress, that it’s up to us to deal with it, and, if we don’t, it’s our own fault. Same with acne: We think we’re doing something to cause it. Not likely. Instead, focus on doing something to cure it and prevent it. Much smarter.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Acne

How common is severe acne among adults?
Severe acne can occur in adult men and women, but it's relatively rare. One study in the United ...
How are blemishes on my chin related to my hormones?
Pimples on your chin can be related to changing hormone levels within your body and to touching ...
How do I treat blackheads?
Popping a blackhead can actually affect your brain. Learn a better way to treat blackheads in th...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout. Weighed down with acne woes? You’re not alone. A whopping 40 to 50 million ...