What is the most common form of acne?

The most common form of acne is comedonal and inflammatory. In general, acne can be broken down in 4 types, with type 1 being most mild and type 4 most severe. Acne can be seen in teenagers and adults, with very similar presentations. The treatment depends on severity of the breakouts. Acne can be treated with topical agents, pills or blue light.
Acne vulgaris is the most common form of acne, consisting of whiteheads and blackheads, and found typically on the face, neck, and back.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
How do I treat blackheads?
Popping a blackhead can actually affect your brain. Learn a better way to treat blackheads in th...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?