When should I call my doctor if I have acne?

You should call a doctor about your acne if it does not go away after several months of good skin care and over-the-counter treatments. If you are having more acne outbreaks and your acne is spreading, you should call a doctor. Also, if your pimples fill with pus and become painful, you should call a doctor. You should also call a doctor if you develop any signs of infection such as fever.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
How can tea tree oil be used to treat acne?
Tea tree oil can be applied to the skin in a diluted form to treat acne. It has the ability to penet...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
Is There a Supplement That Can Help Treat Acne?