How often should I wash acne-prone skin?

You should wash acne-prone skin twice a day. Wash your skin once in the morning and again at night. If you are active and sweat a lot, wash your face again. When sweat stays on the skin, it can worsen acne. Be careful not to wash your face too often as this, too, can irritate the skin and worsen acne. Wash with a gentle, non-abrasive cleanser. Massage the cleanser with your fingertips, but do not rub hard or scrub. Scrubbing can cause irritation. Rinse with lukewarm water. Pat dry.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
Why should I avoid scrubbing my skin with acne?
Proper skincare each day is important in managing acne and preventing flare-ups, but avoid scrub...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
What's the Best Way to Clean Off Makeup at the End of the Day?