How can tanning beds affect acne?

There is no evidence that having tanned skin helps to clear up acne. And tanning beds may cause you far more serious concerns than their impact on your acne. Not only is your skin at greater risk of burns, irritation, and dryness, but tanning beds can increase the chance of premature skin aging and skin cancer. Some recent findings show that using tanning beds before age 35 increases the chance of melanoma, the deadliest skin cancer. This increased risk of melanoma is as high as 75%, even in teenagers. If you have acne, talk openly with your dermatologist about effective treatments and safe lifestyle habits. Ask more about the dangers of tanning beds so you fully understand the serious risks involved.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
How are blemishes on my chin related to my hormones?
Pimples on your chin can be related to changing hormone levels within your body and to touching ...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
Can I Over-Wash My Face?
Can I Over-Wash My Face?