How can making skin too clean cause acne?

Your skin should be washed twice a day to help prevent acne. Acne is caused by a build up of sebum (oil) and not dirt on your skin. Excess (oil) and dead skin cells clog pores and cause acne. Good skin care with oil-free cleansing products can help reduce the buildup. But excessive washing can irritate your skin and cause acne. Washing too much and using harsh soaps can also make acne worse. Wash your skin with a gentle cleanser. Use your fingertips to massage cleanser on your skin, but don't scrub. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.

Continue Learning about Acne

6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout. Weighed down with acne woes? You’re not alone. A whopping 40 to 50 million ...
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?
What's the Best Way to Clean Off Makeup at the End of the Day?