How does severe acne affect the body?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Severe acne is not generally a dangerous condition. It does not usually affect areas other than the skin on which it appears. It may cause you pain, and may affect your self-esteem or cause you embarrassment, however. And if your severe acne ruptures, it could cause scarring. Some severe forms of acne, like acne conglobata and acne fulminans, are more destructive and may need more aggressive care.

Continue Learning about Acne

6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout. Weighed down with acne woes? You’re not alone. A whopping 40 to 50 million ...
What's the Best Way to Clean Off Makeup at the End of the Day?
Can I Over-Wash My Face?
Can I Over-Wash My Face?
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?