How can I feel more confident with acne?

The best way to feel confident with acne is to talk with a dermatologist (a doctor who specializes in treating skin, hair, and nail conditions). Using a combination of over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription treatments as well as lifestyle measures, dermatologists are able to treat mild, moderate, and severe forms of acne. While it's important to seek acne treatment early on when treatment is most effective, a dermatologist can help you gain control of acne at any stage and prevent future breakouts. If your acne is mild, your doctor may recommend an OTC treatment. If you have moderate to severe acne, your doctor may combine an OTC treatment with a prescription medication or topical cream. Along with treating the acne, your doctor can give you tips on how to cleanse your skin, using gentle products, and what to look for in a sunscreen, sunless tanning product, and moisturizer if you have dry areas on your skin.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
Why is beta-hydroxy acid used for acne-prone skin?
Beta-hydroxy acid, or BHA, is different from other exfoliants in that it's oil-soluble. Since it can...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
How Do I Treat Blackheads?
How Do I Treat Blackheads?