How does cortisol affect your skin?

Cortisol increases the production of sebum, a natural oil that lubricates your skin. When too much is produced, however, it can lead to blockages that cause acne.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
Why are pimples red?
The redness of a pimple is due to inflammation below the skin’s surface. The inflammation is the res...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?