How common is severe acne among adults?

Severe acne can occur in adult men and women, but it's relatively rare. One study in the United Kingdom of more than 1,000 men and women over age 18 found that fewer than 1% had acne severe enough to cause scars. Of course, plenty of people experience milder breakouts well into adulthood. But here's one benefit of aging: Acne flare-ups are unusual after age 60.

Continue Learning about Acne

6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout. Weighed down with acne woes? You’re not alone. A whopping 40 to 50 million ...
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?
Can I Over-Wash My Face?
Can I Over-Wash My Face?
What's the Best Way to Clean Off Makeup at the End of the Day?