How can adult acne affect me emotionally?

Even though you may not be as emotional as you were at 13, acne may have a profound impact on your self-esteem and confidence. Your face is your most important feature, and it’s usually the site where acne can be particularly troubling. We put our best foot forward, but we also try to put our best face forward when we present ourselves to the world, to our lovers, our bosses, our friends, our family, our coworkers, and ourselves in the mirror. It’s no secret that our facial appearance is closely tied to body image. Let’s not forget that dealing with acne can be an incredibly stressful and painful experience in more ways than one. The ultimate fallout from prolonged suffering from acne can be devastating as one becomes socially dysfunctional. The emotional toll, from depression, anger, frustration, anxiety, and embarrassment, can be overwhelming.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Acne

6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout. Weighed down with acne woes? You’re not alone. A whopping 40 to 50 million ...
What's the Best Way to Clean Off Makeup at the End of the Day?
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?
Is There a Supplement That Can Help Treat Acne?