How can I avoid feeling embarrassed with acne?

It's not uncommon to feel embarrassed with acne. While acne is a cosmetic issue, it can affect your self-esteem, mood, and relationships. Many teens and adults say they want to hide when their acne flares, causing them to have great anxiety and even depression. It's important to know that you don't have to suffer with embarrassment from acne. See a dermatologist (a doctor who specializes in treating skin, hair, and nail conditions). Learn about the latest treatments available for mild, moderate, or severe acne. In addition, talk about treatments available for acne scarring. Your dermatologist can work with you to find the right combination of effective treatments that clear up your acne so you look good and feel confident again.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
Why did all these bumps suddenly form on my face?
A sudden arrival of a lot of bumpy formations on your face could be an outbreak of acne. This skin...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
How to Avoid Vitamin and Prescription Drug Interactions