Who gets acne?

Dr. Doris Day, MD
Dermatology
People of all races, ethnicity, and ages get acne, making it the most common skin disorder in the United States. It is most common in adolescents and young adults. Nearly 85% of people between the ages of 12 and 24 years develop the disorder. For some people, acne tends to go away, or at least dramatically improve, by the time they reach their 30s; However, some people in their 40s and 50s continue to suffer from this skin problem, while others do not even start to get acne until they are in their 20s, 30s, 40s, or more. Different people may be prone to different types of acne based on genetics and other factors that scientists are still working to understand.
100 Questions & Answers About Acne

100 Questions & Answers About Acne

100 Questions and Answers About Acne provides you with all the information you need to manage your complexion problems. Written by Dr. Doris J. Day, a world-class expert in the field, this clearly...

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
What type of facial moisturizer should I use for oily, acne prone skin?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
The American Academy of Dermatology says that if you’re prone to breakouts, oil-based moisturize...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
How Do I Treat Blackheads?
How Do I Treat Blackheads?