Does the sun help acne?

Many people believe that exposure to the sun can help to clear up acne. However, there is no actual evidence that UV light improves acne. What has been proven is the connection between sun exposure and an increased risk of skin cancer. You should consult a dermatologist for more information.

Continue Learning about Acne

I break out in zits but have extremely dry skin; do I have acne?
The best approach to diagnosing acne is to see a dermatologist. The unique specifics of your con...
What is acne?
Acne is a skin condition that includes pimples and cysts found most often on the face, back, and che...
How does acne affect women?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
Most young women and men will have at least a few pimples over the course of their lives. But acne s...
Is there a connection between junk food and acne?
Patricia Farris, MDPatricia Farris, MD
The relationship between diet and acne has been the subject of great debate among dermatologists for...