Does moisturizer make acne worse?

Your skin still needs moisture. Even oily skin needs moisture. Acne meds are often very drying, so you may need more moisturizer, not less, when you are fighting breakouts. Otherwise, the over-dryness may trigger inflammation, then you’re back where you started: dealing with more acne. Just be sure to buy a formula that’s nonacnegenic (look for the term noncomedogenic). For all practical purposes, if it’s labeled oil free, you’re okay, too.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Acne

6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout. Weighed down with acne woes? You’re not alone. A whopping 40 to 50 million ...
What's the Best Way to Clean Off Makeup at the End of the Day?
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?