Does baby acne usually disappear without treatment?

Baby acne does disappear on its own in most cases. This type of acne usually starts around the baby's third week and may last a few weeks to months. Typically, the only treatment for baby acne is good home care -- washing the baby's face with lukewarm (never hot) water several times a day and patting it dry. If baby acne lingers for several months, talk with your pediatrician. The doctor may prescribe an ointment for the baby acne that can clear it up.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
Is picking my pimples really bad for my skin?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
There is a name for the type of acne that occurs from constant picking at the lesions. It is cal...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
How Do I Treat Blackheads?
How Do I Treat Blackheads?