Do teenagers grow out of acne?

Yes, there is a very good chance that teenagers will outgrow acne. Most acne teens get is called acne vulgaris, meaning "of the common type", and the most likely trigger is the hormonal change that happens during puberty. So, as a teenager's hormonal changes come to an end there's a good chance the acne will also.
For most people, acne fades by the time they reach the late teens or early 20s. For some, acne can return later in life.

Most of the time, teens do grow out of acne. Teenagers are more at risk for developing acne during puberty because hormone levels are changing drastically. Once teens have gone through puberty and hormone levels are more stable-usually by a person's early 20s-acne goes away. However, some situations after a person's teenage years, such as pregnancy or steroid use, may cause acne to reappear.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
How are blemishes on my chin related to my hormones?
Pimples on your chin can be related to changing hormone levels within your body and to touching ...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
What Is a Blackhead?
What Is a Blackhead?