Is there a connection between junk food and acne?

Acne is not in any way tied to your diet. Consuming oil through your diet does not result in more oil produced within your skin. Instead, the production is most often dictated by hormone levels.

Continue Learning about Acne

I break out in zits but have extremely dry skin; do I have acne?
The best approach to diagnosing acne is to see a dermatologist. The unique specifics of your con...
What is an open comedo?
An open comedo is a clogged pore that has an open surface. The plural of comedo is comedones, an...
Why is beta-hydroxy acid used for acne-prone skin?
Beta-hydroxy acid, or BHA, is different from other exfoliants in that it's oil-soluble. Since it can...
What role does diet play in acne?
Many people blame junk food for their acne, but this is a misconception -- the truth is that acn...