Can acne lead to depression?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Acne can cause both physical and emotional symptoms, so seeking the advice of a medical professional can be very beneficial. Acne can damage self-confidence, and can ultimately lead to depression in certain cases.

Continue Learning about Acne

How do hormones affect acne?
It's pretty commonly known that acne is affected by levels of hormones, which is why it's so common ...
I break out in zits but have extremely dry skin; do I have acne?
The best approach to diagnosing acne is to see a dermatologist. The unique specifics of your con...
Why did all these bumps suddenly form on my face?
A sudden arrival of a lot of bumpy formations on your face could be an outbreak of acne. This skin...
What is acne?
Acne is a skin condition that includes pimples and cysts found most often on the face, back, and che...