How can I choose the best cosmetics that won't trigger my acne?

If you have acne and like to wear make-up, you should look for products that don't contain oil or ingredients that can block pores. Acne is often caused by an oily, pore-clogging substance called sebum, produced by the body’s sebaceous (oil-making) glands. For this reason, you don’t want to slather on anything else that could block those pores. Look for cosmetics made for oily skin, sometimes called non-comedogenic, meaning they are specially formulated to not block pores. You can also try water-based foundations or powdered make-up, which doesn’t contain oil.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
What is a pimple?
A pimple forms when hair follicles get clogged by oil and fill with pus. Hair grows from a deep foll...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
What Is a Blackhead?
What Is a Blackhead?