What can I do about my acne to promote skin health?

Depending on how severe your acne is, you may be able to treat your acne by maintaining strict skincare habits. Wash your face once or twice a day with a mild, unscented cleanser. Eating a nutritious diet and using water-based cosmetics may also help. There are also some over-the-counter acne products, such as creams and lotions, that you can use. You should never pick at acne pimples, as this may scar your skin. If your acne doesn't respond to over-the-counter treatment, or if it's severe, you may wish to talk to your doctor about other acne treatments. These may include prescription medication like topical or oral antibiotics, or procedures such as dermabrasion. It's important to talk to your doctor to determine what treatment is best for you.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
What is acne?
Acne results when excess oil from overactive sebaceous glands blocks pores, trapping bacteria, d...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?