If I have acne, how often should I wash my hair?

If you have acne your dermatologist may recommend washing your hair daily, and pulling your hair back off of your face. People with acne tend to have oily skin and scalps. Oil can be transferred to the hair, and if your hair touches your face, this may raise your risks for acne. You may also want to avoid using greasy or oily styling products on your hair. Consult your dermatologist for tips on the best hair products for your skin.

Continue Learning about Acne

Should I scrub my skin with acne?
You should not scrub your skin if you have acne. Scrubbing will not get rid of acne; it can irri...
What is a safe way to pop a pimple?
Pimples are formed because the body is trying to push out infections. However, squeezing pimples act...
I break out in zits but have extremely dry skin; do I have acne?
The best approach to diagnosing acne is to see a dermatologist. The unique specifics of your con...
When is surgery used for acne scarring?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
If you have scarring, your dermatologist may suggest surgery to help heal acne lesions and remove sc...