What should the sunless tanning product label say to avoid acne?

To find a sunless tanning product that does not trigger acne breakouts, look for these important terms on the product's label:
  • oil-free 
  • noncomedogenic or nonacnegenic, which means not likely to cause comedones (a medical term describing pimples)
  • will not clog pores
Of course, there are no guarantees that sunless tanning products are safe and effective for all skin types. Some products claim to be "oil-free" and yet can still irritate sensitive skin and trigger acne breakouts. Do some homework. Talk to your doctor. You may need to try a few different products to find the sunless tanner that works best for your skin type and acne problem.

Continue Learning about Acne Prevention

Will my acne go away now that I'm no longer a teenager?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
One of the greatest myths about acne is that it occurs only in teenagers and that if you can get...
How can I prevent acne from coming back?
There is no guaranteed way to prevent acne from coming back, but keeping your skin healthy may h...
Should I stop wearing makeup to prevent acne?
Not all types of make-up promote acne, so you don't have to stop using it. Just choose the right typ...
What Foods Help Prevent Acne?
What Foods Help Prevent Acne?