Can I prevent acne by washing my face a lot?

You don't need to wash your face a lot to help prevent acne. The best skin care routine is the one that keeps oil down but also prevents dryness. Wash your face gently with a mild cleanser in the morning and at night, as well as after sweating. After washing, rinse your skin with warm water and pat it dry. But avoid washing your face too often or scrubbing your skin because that can make your acne worse. And, tempting as it is, suppress the urge to pop or pick at pimples because this can cause scarring.

Continue Learning about Acne Prevention

Will my acne go away now that I'm no longer a teenager?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
One of the greatest myths about acne is that it occurs only in teenagers and that if you can get...
Does keeping skin clean help avoid blackheads?
Using a gentle cleanser once or twice a day is a good way to help keep blackheads under control. Cle...
Can acne be prevented?
Although acne can't really be prevented, good general skin care habits can help make skin as healthy...
What Foods Help Prevent Acne?
What Foods Help Prevent Acne?