Can I prevent acne by washing my face a lot?

You don't need to wash your face a lot to help prevent acne. The best skin care routine is the one that keeps oil down but also prevents dryness. Wash your face gently with a mild cleanser in the morning and at night, as well as after sweating. After washing, rinse your skin with warm water and pat it dry. But avoid washing your face too often or scrubbing your skin because that can make your acne worse. And, tempting as it is, suppress the urge to pop or pick at pimples because this can cause scarring.

Continue Learning about Acne Prevention

Acne Prevention

Acne Prevention

If your skin is acne-prone, there are steps you can take to prevent pimples, blackheads and acne flare-ups. Cleansing your skin with products containing salicylic acid, using acne medication and taking care of your skin with nonco...

omedogenic products are all key to treating oily skin, avoiding clogged pores and stopping pimple breakouts. Stress and diet also play an important role in preventing acne. Learn more about acne prevention with expert advice from Sharecare.