Does keeping skin clean help avoid blackheads?

Using a gentle cleanser once or twice a day is a good way to help keep blackheads under control. Clean your face before going to bed and use oil-free and non-comedogenic cosmetic products to prevent clogging the pores.

Continue Learning about Acne Prevention

Will my acne go away now that I'm no longer a teenager?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
One of the greatest myths about acne is that it occurs only in teenagers and that if you can get...
How does the shedding of old skin help to prevent acne?
Jeffrey A. Benabio, MDJeffrey A. Benabio, MD
Old, dead skin clogs your pores. Clogged pores build up bacteria and oils leading to pimples. Benzoy...
What should the sunless tanning product label say to avoid acne?
To find a sunless tanning product that does not trigger acne breakouts, look for these important...
What Foods Help Prevent Acne?
What Foods Help Prevent Acne?