Is washing skin twice a day enough to prevent acne?

Washing your skin twice a day may help prevent acne, but there is no guaranteed way to prevent acne altogether. Preventing acne requires a combination of strategies based on your skin type and condition. You may also need oil-free cleansers and products, along with over-the-counter (OTC) or prescription treatments. Acne is caused by too much sebum (oil) and dead skin cells clogging your pores. Washing your skin helps remove the buildup of oil and dead skin cells. If you need treatment for acne, talk to a dermatologist (a doctor who specializes in treating skin, nail, and hair conditions).

Continue Learning about Acne Prevention

Can I prevent acne by washing my face a lot?
You don't need to wash your face a lot to help prevent acne. The best skin care routine is the one t...
Why do acne scars happen and how can I prevent them?
Doctors are not certain as to why acne scars form for some and not others. They believe family h...
How do I help prevent pimples?
To zap zits, try this pop-pick-soothe combination of good food, smart skin care, and heart-pound...
What Foods Help Prevent Acne?
What Foods Help Prevent Acne?